Sunday, April 28, 2024

My DIY Photo Copy Stand

Sunday, 28-April-2024 - Veghel - This is my homemade copy stand, made using a simple idea and high-quality components. I use it with my small Olympus TG-4, but it can support  cameras and attached lenses up to 5 kg! This is my alternative to using a scanner to digitize our family photos. 
I was inspired by photographers Peter Krogh and Alexander Matragos. I have another setup for digitizing 35mm film inspired by photographer Peter ForsgÃ¥rd. Thanks to Wim van Schaijk for finding and sawing the plywood for this project. 

video (35 sec)

photos (40)

materials used

1 comment:

Berend said...

Hallo Dale. Mooi ontwerp, dat us precies wat ik zoek om decoude glasnegatieven van mijn grootvader zaliger te fotograferen (dslr).
Alles is mij duidelijk behoudens twee punten.
1. Hoe bevestig je het balhoofd op de horizontale arm en
2. Ik kan niet ontdekken hoe de koppeling tussen de horizontale en verticale buis tot stand komt.

Graag je advies,

Met vriendelijke groet,

Berend Klompsma
Winsum-Groningen