Thursday, May 10, 2018

Vat-Oe-Fiets 2018

Thursday, 10-May-2018 - Veghel - In addition to being my son-in-law Aaron's birthday, it's Ascension Day and the 50th Vat-Oe-Fiets (grab your bike) bicycle tour.  It's a tradition in Veghel.  Saw a lot of smiling faces.  Video-chatted with my grandson Logan in Nova Scotia along the way.  He had an important question to ask me.  It was great to be alive and outside today!  This year the route took us through the Maashorst Nature Reserve (photo).  If I hadn't missed a turn, I wouldn't have seen a glider fly overhead and land, and a field worker wave back to me.  Magnificent route, magnificent weather!  Thanks to all the volunteers who made this wonderful day happen.  I was good for 62 km (including getting to and from the starting point, and missing a turn).  pics (174)
gps tracked route

No comments: