Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mountain Biking in Erp

Sunday, 30-December-2007 - Erp - Got up early to go mountain biking with Chris and Richard in the nearby villiage of Erp. I met Chris at his place at 0900. Richard would meet us at the starting point. After signing in, I heard someone say that there were 800 riders today. Chris and Richard took the 40 km route; I took the 30 km. Shortly after the halfway point, I decided to call it good and head for home. This was my second official trail ride. I was happy to make it this far. I knew I needed to get in better shape--ride more often--to make it to the finish. Chris and Richard were just finishing when I called in. We met for an after photo, and then we said goodbye to Richard (he lives in nearby Keldonk). Chris and I continued on to Veghel to first wash the mud off our bikes. I dropped Chris off back at his place. Marij was happy to see me when I got back home.

No comments: