Saturday, February 11, 2012

Reborn on Ice--Plassentocht Kortenhoef

Saturday, 11-February-2012 - Kortenhoef - I called Johan as he was walking out the door. I wanted to borrow Johan's touring skates. Not only could I borrow his skates, I could also join him to skate the Plassentocht in Kortenhoef. He would pick me up in 30 min at the carpool meeting point in Veghel. I said yes and got myself into high gear. I was my first time skating on natural ice since I was a boy. Once I got used to the long-and-low touring skates and watching out for the cracks in the ice, I started to pick up speed. I felt reborn--what a thrill! The route took us through Het Hol nature and quiet area--a place where no one is allowed, except for during this ice skating tour. We were good for 40 km--we skated part of the route twice. pics (128) 25 km route

No comments: