Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Windsurfing in Langenboom

Wednesday, 18-June-2008 - Langenboom - Today was my first time for windsurfing this year. I didn't know what to think when I arrived: paved access road, perimeter fence, closed gate, trees and parking lot replaced with neatly landscaped grounds, super-nice and wide beach. The city did a real nice job, although I will miss the easy-going feeling of the old situation. Walked around to see how I was going to get my surfboard in the water. Met surfers Richard, John, Ton, and Tomec. Richard gave me a lot of good tips and instruction: showed me how to rig my sail correctly. There was plenty of wind to keep me concentrated. Wim showed up around 2030. We sat and watched the sun go down.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

We just saw "Extreme" at the IMax, including wind-surfing. you seen it yet? Awesome.