Friday, July 6, 2012

Saving Veghel Memories of Harrie Verhoeven

Friday, 6-July-2012 - Veghel - Neighbors Richard van Krieken and  Luuk (photo) volunteered to clear out remaining belongings of Harrie Verhoeven, Veghel BBA busdriver from 1955 to 1987. He was seriously ill and had just been moved to Sint Joachim & Anna Nursing Home. His only remaining relative, his niece, had collected some items, and left the remaining belongings for anyone who could use them. Marij was interested in items for the flea market, so she sent me to collect some things for her. When I looked upstairs, I knew that the memories of Harrie Verhoeven had to be preserved for future generations. Harrie, who I had never met, had similiar interests to mine:  the Liberation of Veghel and aviation.  Richard's father Peter had already brought some things to Jan van Oers of the Veghel history preservation society Heemkundekring Vehchele.  I did the same. pics (56)

No comments: