Saturday, September 15, 2007

35 Years Rush Basketball in Uden

Saturday, 15-September-2007 - Uden - I was getting ready to go skating when I read Larry's e-mail: basketball game starts at 1630 today. It was a veteran exhibition game: former American Air Force players against Dutch Rush veterans. I cancelled skating; I couldn't miss this, even from the bench. Larry Brewington had been getting the guys ready for this game for the past three months. Even though I hadn't played basketball in ten years, and hadn't made any of the practice sessions, I had to go. I had to get a good warmup so I wouldn't break anything, so I jumped on my bike and headed for Uden. I better tape up my right ankle. When I got to the sport hall, I heard Larry's voice and hooked up with the reast of the team. We were all ready to do this, and we did. It was a great game. We won 64-58. After the game, we had time to talk about old times while enjoying a great barbecue provided by our Rush hosts.
http://picasaweb.google.com/dale.weiss.planet/Basketball_35years_rush_uden

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dale, great site and great pics. Very nice meeting you. Greg Williams