Thursday, June 1, 2017

Warm Evening De Toren Skating

Thursday, 1-June-2017 - Den Bosch - A wonderful sunny evening.  It doesn't get better than this.  I got a replacement bearing today in the mail from Jan van der Hoorn.  I had to clean the other 11 bearings before I headed to de Toren.  On one bearing, the bearing balls got away on me--the first one I spun while rinsing off degreasing cleaning fluid.  It took me 30 min to assemble one bearing!  That was before I watched the two video clips below.  I also put 2-degree wedges between the frames and the skate boots---to make the boots perpendicular to the wheels. I'm really happy with my new skates.  Back at de Toren we told stories and enjoyed the warm evening. Ten skaters and one bicyclist--good for 27 km. pics (104) gps-tracked route
assembling bearings with nylon cage by Jam Skate Addiction (3:52)
assembling bearings with nylon cage by zxcft6yhnji9 (1:09)

No comments: