Saturday, May 6, 2017

Sunny Saturday Skating

Saturday, 6-May-2017 - Veghel - It was sunny and warm.  I first needed to get my skates in order.  My right frame had loosened op during the Thursday evening skate.  It seemed that vibration was causing the problem.  I use wedges to correct pronation, and didn't slide the wedge all the way against the frame mounting screw.  I took this opportunity to rotate my wheels.  I thought of a way to keep the wheels and bearings turning in the same direction to minimize wear.  At the Sligro meeting point I was amazed to see eight skaters:  Annet, Bart, Jacqueline, John, Marleen, Ria, Willy, and me.  Our largest turnout of the year! We headed for Heeswijk-Dinther.  Along the way, we passed a herd of grazing sheep (photo).  We were good for 17 km.  When I got back home, I took a shower and made pizza for supper.  pics (85) gps-tracked route.

No comments: