Friday, May 27, 2016

Brún in Heumen

Friday, 27-May-2016 - Heumen - Today I visited Jan de Bruin (photo) owner of Brún schaats-skeeler Sport.  I didn't realize that brún is the Frisian word for brown (bruin) in Dutch.  Frisian (Frysk) is the official language of the Dutch province of Fryslân.  I went to Heumen to try on a Fila FM 100--a wider inline skate.  My Rollerblade Tempest 100C was a bit narrow, and I wanted to compare.  Before I left home I took a look at the garage door lock. I then biked to the Vrijhof Vishandel fish stand where Marij was working to pickup the car.  There I chatted with Tini. On the way back from Heumen, I dropped of a set of wheels for de Toren skater Monique's old skates and looked at her new skates that were giving her problems.  I collected some straw (Monique is a dairy farmer) for my strawberries before heading home.  Evening menu:  spaghetti. pics (46)

No comments: