Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fun on Ice

Saturday, 22-December-2007 - Veghel - Yesterday was the shortest day of the year. I've been watching the weather forecast all week, so I knew I could go skating outdoors today right here in Veghel at the Aa-Broeken, a meadow which is flooded to create a wonderful frozen pond. I rode my bike along a magically frozen path. It was only a kilometer away, but I kept stopping to take pictures of this wonderful sight. I wore a helmet, because I didn't want to get another concussion (like the one I got while snowboarding last winter). I tried my cross-country skates, but even after all my in-line skating this past year, my ankles were too unsteady, so after about five rounds I switched to my hockey skates. There, that was better. Now I can have some fun--it was great! I think it was 11 years ago that I went skating here--memories of skating throughout my lifetime came back to me. My father taught me how to skate when I was five years old.
http://picasaweb.google.com/dale.weiss.planet/Fun_on_ice

No comments: