Sunday, May 18, 2014

Skeet Shooting in Boekel

Sunday, 18-May-2014 - Boekel - Today we went to six-time Olympian Eric Swinkels Shooting Range.  This was my first-ever visit to a skeet range. I was overwelmed with the professional range and instruction.  The "rabbit" station really got me excited.  Boyhood memories of December rabbit hunting in Michigan with my Uncle Paul rushed through me.  I got a 20-gauge single-shot Stevens for my 13th birthday (and Christmas) present. Paul always said, "One shot is all you need.  If it takes more than one shot to shoot an animal, you don't deserve it."  Guus was our shooting instructor for today.  We all used the same 12-guage over-and-under Baretta with 7.5 steel shot.  Chris took this picture of me--he also took the first place medal. Seven Marc's Bar BQ Volleyball players--good for 175 shells, 110 hits.  pics (198)
video clip by hans dG (24 sec)

No comments: